Monday, November 17, 2014

Before and After: wrapping up our build

What an amazing year! I couldn't believe how quickly it all went. I'm enjoying taking the time to reflect and share my experience of building our first home! 

September 2013 we started with this:



December 2013 demolition: Happy New Year (House)!!!

Building began in January. Here are just a few fun snapshots of the progress! (For more on the design and building process read my previous posts!) 


Okay, ready for some "afters"?!?!?









Summer 2014 move in! We moved in June, so a 6 month process. We still had to finish the yard, which we were running out of time to do. Oh yeah, did I mention our neighbors were hosting their wedding in their backyard? We had a lot of work to get done as we had ran a bobcat through part of their yard all winter!



We got the yard done...how does the saying go? With a little help from my friends? Our Neighbors held a beautiful wedding. Here are some of our other neighbors all at the wedding. It was nice to relax and get to know everyone.





We hosted 4th of July on the lake, and I celebrated my birthday. It was a nice way to have friends over for a housewarming. We also went to another wedding up in Nisswa, and so the rest of the summer was spent with lots of friends and family! 

Having a few friends over, sharing our neighbors yard! Next summer we are building a deck. 


Taking a weekend off from the house. Grand View Lodge Summer 2014 for the Houser Wedding

Happy Birthday to me! Never too old for a mermaid birthday cake...

Here's just one picture of a Spa Day we had with my nieces! I spend a lot of time with the kids when they have summer vacation! They love Auntie's new house too. 


Another one of my Summer Projects! I spend a good portion of the summer planning a fundraiser for cancer research and patient support: Kel's Krew Annual Leukemia Society Benefit, in honor of one of my dearest friends. She lost her battle to cancer 3 years ago. Together with friends and family we host a party to raise money. We donate the money as a team at the Light the Night Walk held at Target Field. This year we donated over $5,000. Our team (and team Captian Angie) was also one of 3 finalist for the Life Blood Awards this year for our continued efforts to support the LLS mission. 


We end the summer by lighting the night at Target Field to support LLS (Leukemia Lymphoma Society)

You can HELP SUPPORT THE LLS MISSION:

I have the opportunity to network and work with many realtors being in the home industry. It is always inspiring to me when I meet people with the passion to start a business and who really take pride in building their own brand. The McPherson Sister's Real Estate Team has the unique mission to donate a portion of their commision to the Leukemia Society in honor of their sister. I want to share this mission that is also near and dear to my heart. If you'd like to meet regarding buying or selling a home contact:
Jen 763-202-6420 jmcpherson@exploretwincities.com
Meg 763-221-2221 mmcpherson@exploretwincities.com
Better Homes and Gardern Real Estate Area Leaders

If you have a real estate to do list for getting into our out of your home, please contact me for a free consultation on what services Frost Fine Finishing can offer. I can work directly with the McPherson sisters or any other realtor to get your home ready! 

Thanks again for taking the time to see my before and afters. It took a while to take you all through this journey with me, but my goal was to show you a time line of what I've been up to. This was the last of 3 'year in review" posts. I have a few other things I want to write about before the end of the year...if you follow me on Pintrest you've seen my sneak peek...

No comments:

Post a Comment